Sixth Grade Choice Sheet Instructions
MMS 6th Grade
Registration for 2020-21 School Year
Provide your residency. According to the handbook, your residency proof must be in the form of one utility bill. The bills accepted are Electric, Water, and Gas. You may drop those off with your student’s name on them to the drop box in front of the school, or email to Mary Ashton Mitchell at email@example.com. If your residency changes over the summer, you need to report to MMS to fill out a new affidavit, and you must bring in your new deed/lease and two new bills. If your lease is expiring, please provide an updated copy of your lease along with your bill.
*If you have already provided your residency to your 5th grade school for 20-21, they will forward those records to MMS.
Log in to your Active Student account at www.madison-schools.com . We have reset all Active Student logins. Your username and password is your MSIS number with the 0’s in front.
- You will be prompted to change your password to something you will remember.
- Then, you will create two security questions. They can be any questions that you will know the answer to easily. Such as…What is your favorite color? What street did you grow up on? What is your mom’s maiden name?
- Once you are logged in you will click on Course Requests.
Choose your TWO electives. You will not choose any other core courses; these will be selected for you based on your Case 21 scores and your grades. You are only choosing TWO electives. Leave the course type on “REQUIRED” and do not change it. Remember, one elective must count for a PE credit. Band and Choir are all considered PE credits.
- Choose ONE Physical Education Course( P.E., Band or Choir)
- Choose ONE other elective. Can be Band, Choir, Gifted, Art or Theatre.
- You may take Band and Choir.
- You may take PE and Choir or PE and Band.
- Do NOT choose Learning Strategies or Study Hall. We will place you into that class if necessary. If you choose Gifted, you must have already been placed in the Gifted program and have a PPDS form on file with the school.
- Once you make your selection you have until July 1st to make any changes. If you need to make changes you may email me with changes.
That’s it! You’re done!
I’m happy to help!
Please email me if you have questions: