AR is a computer program that helps teachers and librarians manage and monitor children’s independent reading practice. Your child picks a book at his own level and reads it at his own pace. When finished, your child takes a short quiz on the computer. (Passing the quiz is an indication that your child understood what was read.) AR gives children, teachers, and librarians feedback based on the quiz results, which the teacher then uses to help your child set goals and direct ongoing reading practice. Children using AR choose their own books to read, rather than having one assigned to them. This makes reading a much more enjoyable experience as they can choose books that are interesting to them.
How to take an AR test (for students)?
1. Click on the Internet.
2. Click on AR (Accelerated Reader) (Renaissance Place)
3. Log in as : I’m a Student
4. Type Your Username:
1st letter of your first name and your last name (no spaces)
>>>>Some students will have a number at the end<<<<
5. Type Your Password: abc
6. Click on Orange Box (Accelerated Reader)
7. Type Your Quiz NumberIt’s located in the book’s front cover
8. Click Take a Quiz after you have found your book’s title.
9. Select Reading Practice as your quiz type.
10. Select the answer that describes How you read the book
11. Now, you may begin your AR Test (Do your best!)