School Closure and Updates
At this time, all MCS campuses are closed and distance learning will continue for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. During the school closure, MCS is providing information and resources to assist families. Please click the links provided below to learn more.
Letters from Superintendent Seals
- April 17th - Letter to Parents
- April 2nd - Letter to Parents
- March 27th - MCS Updates
- March 19th - MCS School Families Video
- March 16th - Learning On-line and Enrichment Options
- March 14th - School Closure
- March 12th - Close communication with the Mississippi Department of Health
- March 5th - Following Guidelines from the Mississippi Department of Health
Please visit each individual school website for more information concerning non-graded optional enrichment materials as well as distance learning to begin on March 23.
Cafeteria Account Refund / Transfer
Pre-Pay may be transferred to a sibling's account by submitting a Cafeteria Account Refund/Transfer Form. Pre-Pay balances are refundable in the event the student withdraws from Madison County School District or the lunch status changes to free and if the account balance is $5.00 or more. The parent must complete the Cafeteria Refund/Transfer Form.
Click here to find several online resources and activities for your child. We will be continuously adding new sites, so check back often. Some sites require a parent/ guardian to create an account, and other sites students will be able to access directly. Please monitor your child’s activity to ensure they practice internet safety while on the web.
Free Multi-Meal Packs for Children
Madison County Schools pick up meal service will continue in summer, beyond the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Multi-meal packs, designed to cover multiple days, will be offered for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
During summer, grab and go multi-meal packs will be available for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at five MCS meal distribution locations: Velma Jackson High School, East Flora Elementary, Camden Elementary, Ann Smith Elementary, and Madison Crossing Elementary.
Multi-meal packs are available free of charge to all children 18 and under. Meals are available for free to all children regardless of where they go to school, but they do need to be present to receive a meal. Adults may purchase grab and go meals for $12; this price includes multiple meals in one bag.
As circumstances may change, this plan is subject to change as well.
Free Internet Sources
Disclaimer: MCS does not recommend any specific service, but is providing a list of possible options available to assist our community.
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots for 60 days.
- Unlimited data to its customers for no extra charge.
- Will not disconnect internet service or charge late fees for customers who say they can't pay their bills.
- Providing 60 days of free basic internet service to new customers.
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots.
- Suspending the termination of wireless, home phone or broadband service when customers can't pay their bills because of coronavirus disruptions. They will also be waiving related fees.
- Consumer home internet customers will receive unlimited data.
- Offering free wireless data for approved learning sites for K-12 students
- Working with customers impacted by COVID-19 on an individual basis to ensure they have access to the services they need.
- Offering a number of discounted services including a telehealth app that allows patients to contact clinicians at UMMC for nonemergency conditions.
- Verizon response to the coronavirus COVID19 | About Verizon
- 60 days unlimited smartphone data
- 20GB of additional mobile hotspot service
- Future reference- T-Mobile’s EmpowerED 2.0 program for hotspots-
- Information here: https://www.t-mobile.com/business/education/empowered2
Graduation 2020Please view letter from Superintendent Seal regarding graduation.Technology
- https://www.internetessentials.com/ - Xfinity Essentials - for home
- https://wifi.xfinity.com/ - Xfinity WiFi access - In the community
- Chromebook Pickup Q&A
- Student Login to Clever
- Student Login to Canvas
- Microsoft Office on the App
The Office app combines the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps you know and rely on with new capabilities that harness the unique strengths of a phone to create a simpler, yet more powerful Office experience on the go. Whether using it for personal or professional reasons, the Office app is designed to be your go-to app for getting work done on a mobile device.