Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Mississippi Teaching License: Elementary Education K-6 Language Arts and Social Studies 7-12 Library Media Specialist Experience: 4K Teacher 5K Teacher Preschool Administrator Public Library Children's Specialist
Mrs. Lacey McGraw
- Mrs. Lacey McGraw is the Library Media Specialist, Web Manager and School Photographer at Camden Elementary. Her role as librarian is to assist Camden Elementary students, teachers, faculty & staff in using the library resources and checking out library books, materials & resources. She ensures that the school library meets the requirements set forth by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Camden Elementary School's library card catalog and circulation system is automated through Follett Destiny software. This computer based automated system allows patrons to search for needed materials. Camden has 7 computer stations for students and staff to use for library purposes (OPAC, Accelerated Reader, research, World Book, myOn reports, etc.)
- Pre-Kindergarten - Fifth Grade students are scheduled for library classes. Pre-Kindergarten classes will participate in storytime and theme studies in addition to library skill lessons. Students in grades K-5 are scheduled to come to the library to participate in story time/read alouds, library lessons & library book checkout. The Library has additional library time scheduled for Open Checkout, where students can exchange library books outside of regular scheduled library classes, and Reserved for Classes, where teachers can reserve the library for group projects and class research.
- Students will take the MAP test to determine their reading levels for library books beginning in First Grade. The MAP test will be administered in August/September and January to determine the Accelerated Reading Range (ZPD) of each student. This ZPE is also used to determine AR Reading Points Goals.
- Students enrolled in grades 3-5 are required to create a Reading Fair Board in Fall. Participation for grades PK-2nd grade is optional.
- Mrs. Chimez Smith is the Computer Lab Teacher, Library and Web Manager Assistant and School Photographer at Camden Elementary. Her role as the computer teacher is to prepare students to become digitally literate using the program Easy Tech (from learning.com).
- Camden Elementary School computer classes will focus on MCS Technology Curriculum for Grades K-5.
- The curriculum will include (Computer Fundamental/Basic Concepts, Keyboarding Skills, Digital Citizenship, Communication Technology, Technology Research Tools, Productivity Tools, and Coding)