Mrs. Hope Berry (Librarian)School Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSchool # 662-468-2531Fax # 662-468-2748Library Hours (7:45-3:45)
- Mrs. Berry's role as librarian is to assist Velma Jackson High School students, teachers, faculty & staff with using the library resources and checking out library books, materials & resources.
About the Librarian
- This is Mrs. Berry is 1st year as the Media Specialist (Librarian) at Velma Jackson High School.
- Mrs. Berry has been a Media Specialist in the Falcon Zone since August 2011. Before coming to Velma Jackson High School, she was an elementary school librarian for 7 years at Camden Elementary School.
- Prior to becoming a school librarian, Mrs. Berry was an elementary classroom teacher for 4 years.
- She received her undergraduate degree from Mississippi University for Women located in Columbus, MS. Afterwards, she received her master's degree from Belhaven University.
- The 2018-2019 school year will be her 12th year working in the field of education.
- In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family. She is a member of St. Mark COGIC.
- Mrs. Berry is looking forward to making this a wonderful and successful year as the Library Media Specialist at Velma Jackson High School.
- Fixed Asset Liaison
- Test Coordinator
- Reading Fair Coordinator
- Velma Jackson High School library card catalog and circulation system is automated through Follett Destiny software. This computer based automated system allows patrons to search for needed materials.
- Velma Jackson High School is part of the 1:M Initiative. Each students will have access to their own MacBook. All students will be expected to learn how to properly & effectively use the library and books.
- Teachers have the opportunity to schedule library visits.
- Students will be allowed to come to the library during school hours (7:45-3:45) to checkout library books, research, or print documents for assignments. Students visiting the media center must sign in and out in the notebook on the circulation desk unless accompanied by a class. The Library observes the 20/20 rule which states: Students are NOT allowed out of class the first 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes of each block. Students must have an official VJ hall pass to enter the library during the school day. I request that the pass include the students name, teachers name, date, time and reason for coming to the library.
- Students will be given the opportunity to complete a reading fair project (storyboard or digital). Some English teachers may require their classes to complete one. Projects will be completed during the 1st 9 Weeks. More information can be found in the section entitled Reading Fair.