Research and Development Team (from left to right):
Front Row: Dr. Elizabeth Wells, Data Analyst; Dr. Greg Paczak, Director, Dr. Mary Moak, Asst. Director; and Dr. Rebecca Hurst, Data Specialist
Back Row, College and Career Readiness Coordinators: Paula Thompson, Beverly Daniels, Debbye Reed, and Phylis Findley
The Office of Research and Development is responsible for overseeing Madison County Schools' efforts in the following areas (listed alphabetically):
1. Abstinence Education: The Research and Development team is responsible for coordinating and implementing abstinence education. Per Mississippi HB 633 effective July1, 2021, 5th and 7th grade students are provided the opportunity to participate (with parent permission) in age-appropriate Abstinance Education.
2. Accountability: The Research and Development team stays up to date on local, state, and national trends, research, and policy as it pertains to accountability. We work with the Mississippi Department of Education to ensure the accountability results posted to the public are accurate.
3. Achievement: The Research and Development team works to provide student achievement data to guide instructional decisions as well as training on best practices for helping students reach their maximum potential.
4. Approval for Research: The Research and Development team reviews requests from individuals seeking to conduct research as a requirement of doctoral studies. Requests for approval of research in the Madison County Schools should be submitted to Dr. Greg Paczak.
5. Assessment: The Research and Development team oversees the administration of most national, state, and district assessments. Below is an outline of the assessments we oversee, when they are given, and the purpose of each assessment.
6. College and Career Readiness: The Research and Development team facilitates a systemic approach to curriculum and instruction support of teachers and building-level administrators for the ACT, PSAT and Advanced Placement.