National Honor Society
Welcome to the MCHS National Honor Society 2022-2023 website.
The purpose of National Honor Society is to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of secondary schools.
Important information about our organization is tabbed on the left side of this page. If you are interested in membership, please review the membership selection process on the left.
Please contact the National Honor Society sponsor, Ms. Barger, if you have questions about NHS. Mrs. Bennett also assists with this club.
- Congratulations to our 2022-2023 members!
- Get the most out of your membership: Membership Infographic
- PLEASE CHECK THE BYLAWS ABOUT UNEXCUSED ABSENCES TO MEETINGS.
- Familiarize yourself with the NHS bylaws.
- Please stay tuned for more information about NHS for the year.
Volunteer opportunities and NHS Service Projects -- Spring 2023:
- Recycling Program (All Year)
- National Honor Society members will be in charge of our MCHS recycling program all year.
- We encourage ALL students to participate in recycling and keeping our campus clean and environmentally friendly.
- Jaguar Java assistance
- Every Friday morning before 1st/5th and at break
- Reveille Reveal volunteers
- Friday, January 27th (completed)
- Beauty and Beau volunteers
- February 6th-7th and 9th-10th (completed)
- Classroom assistance (ongoing)
- Deep South Competition set up and assistance (completed)
- After school on Wednesday, March 1st
- Mississippi Food Network
- Saturday, February 11th (completed)
- More projects offered later
Member Meetings will be at 7:50 a.m. on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. We will meet in the Cafetorium until other notice is given.
- January 12th (B-Day) (completed)
- January 26th (A-Day) (completed)
- February 9th (A-Day) (completed)
- February 23rd (B-Day) (completed)
- March 9th (B-Day)
- March 23rd (A-Day)
- April 13th (B-Day)
- April 20th
- May: TBD