National Honor Society
Welcome to the MCHS National Honor Society 2022-2023 website.
The purpose of National Honor Society is to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of secondary schools.
Important information about our organization is tabbed on the left side of this page. If you are interested in membership, please review the membership selection process on the left.
Please contact the National Honor Society sponsor, Ms. Barger, if you have questions about NHS.
- NHS acceptance and rejection letters for the 2021-2022 school year will be going out to students on Monday, October 17th and Tuesday, October 18th. If a student is absent when their letter is delivered to one of their blocks, we will attempt to deliver their letters again on Wednesday -- Friday. If you turned in an application and did not receive a letter by Friday, October 21st, please let a sponsor know.
- There is an introductory NHS member meeting for Seniors on Wednesday, October 19th. Students that received their letter later will attend an introductory NHS member meeting on Monday, October 24th in Room 188 at 8:00 a.m.
- Rising Juniors and Seniors can be eligible for our normal membership process for the 2022-2023 school year later in the Fall Semester. We have already started this process, but we are not at the application stage yet.
- Get the most out of your membership: Membership Infographic
- PLEASE CHECK THE BYLAWS ABOUT UNEXCUSED ABSENCES TO MEETINGS.
- Familiarize yourself with the NHS bylaws.
- Please stay tuned for more information about NHS for the year.
Volunteer opportunities and NHS Service Projects will be updated later
- Recycling Program (All Year)
- National Honor Society members will be in charge of our MCHS recycling program all year.
- More details to come.
- We encourage ALL students to participate in recycling and keeping our campus clean and environmentally friendly.
- Volunteering to assist with the Musical during the week of October 20th - October 23rd.