Madison Central High School
Mark of Excellence
The name of the organization shall be Family Career and Community Leaders of America, Incorporated. The name shall be used only by the national organization, state associations, and affiliated chapters.
The mission of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development; creative and critical thinking; interpersonal communications; practical knowledge; and career preparation.
1. to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
2. to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
3. to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
4. to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
5. to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
6. to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
7. to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
8. to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
Active Membership. Any student who is taking or has taken a course, determined by the state department of education as comprehensive or occupational Family and Consumer Sciences through grade 12 shall be eligible for active membership in an organized chapter within the school. These courses are Child Development, Family Dynamics or Nutrition & Wellness with Mrs. Hanebuth. Active members shall be eligible to hold office, make motions and vote.
The amount of national dues for active members shall be determined by the National Executive Council and the National Board of Directors subject to approval of the voting delegates at a national meeting. The amount of state dues is determined by the State Executive Council. The amount of local dues is determined by the Local Executive Council. Currently, dues are 20.00—including dues for national, state and local.
Dues are paid each school year.
A. Regular Meetings. There shall be at least two regular meetings of the membership each month. These meetings will be held on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 7:50 a.m. in Room 104.
B. Special Meetings may be called as needed by the executive board or project committees.