Welcome to Spanish I! My name is Katie Jones.
- This is my fourth year teaching at Old Town.
- I graduated with a degree in Spanish from the University of Mississippi after studying abroad in Costa Rica for part of my senior year.
- My primary focus in the University was on Spanish grammar and linguistics, though I also took courses in Spanish Literature.
- I also minored in Teaching English as a Second Language.
- I am currently working on my Master's Degree.
- I have done interpretation and translation in addition to teaching. I've loved to travel for my whole life.
- I have been to 28 states and 3 different countries: Canada, Costa Rica, and Jordan.
- My husband and I have been married for seven years and we have one very spoiled Siamese cat who I trained to high-five during the summer.
Spanish I is a high school credit course and is taught in Spanish. Students are to come to class every day with a charged Chromebook, notes, paper, and a writing utensil.
**For health and safety of all, students should have their own suppllies when they come to class.
Check Canvas frequently for updates. All assignments are posted on the Unit Calendar/Grid.