SCIENCE LAB RESOURCES
Click on the Science lab resources link found at the left side of this page to download science experiments and lab worksheets and instructions.
There are also PowerPoint presentations to use with your science lessons - click on link found on the left side of this page.
Science Lab Kits (available in the science lab)
- Bird Beak Adaptations - adaptations of different types of bird beaks to show what they eat using utensils different types of food.
- CD Bubble - physical science lab demonstrating how heat changes plastic.
- Circuits With Christmas Lights - students create a parallel and series circuit using Christmas lights, foil and a battery.
- Cloud in a Bottle - simulates a cloud in a soda bottle using a match.
- Cotton Cloud - demonstrates saturation and how a cloud fills with water and then rains.
- DNA - kit to put together a DNA molecule
- Endangered Species- outside activity in which students represent bears gathering food.
- Exploding Bag of Juice - shows the chemical reaction between vinegar and baking soda.
- Gulp Gulp Digestion - demonstrates how food goes through the digestive system using food and other materials.
- Hot Rocks - types of rocks and rock cycle, students make three types of rocks using crayons.
- Shaving Cream Lab - demonstrates differences between solids, liquids and gases using shaving cream.Students also make tie dyed paper.
- Magic Candle - demonstrates air pressure.
- Matchstick Rocket - physical science using a match, foil and paperclip to launch a matchrocket.
- Water Cycle Bracelet- students create a water cycle bracelet using beads representing the different parts of the cycle.