Welcome back to the Jazzy Jackson class page and HAPPY NEW YEAR! My name is Octavia Jackson and I am an 8-year educator. I was born and raised in Jackson, MS to a mother and father along with three brothers and two sisters, all of Jackson, MS. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Victor Jackson for 8 years. We have one daughter, Kylea' and one puppy, Hunter. I enjoy preparing my 2nd graders to become in the mindset of a 3rd grader, pushing deeper into our College and Career Readiness Standards and in their thinking in an engaging way. Our class is FULL of learning through hands-on, fun, and thought-provoking activities. I look forward to having the best year yet with my students!! I am looking forward to growing the wonderful students in my classroom so, so much more in the next few months!
All About Mrs. Jackson
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact number: (601) 856-6621
- availability hours: 8:45-9:30 a.m., and from 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- Education Journey: 5 years in Madison County at Luther Branson Elementary, 1 year in Jackson Public Schools at Dawson Elementary, and now I am continuing my journey of year 8 back in Madison County at Ann Smith Elementary (2nd year at ASE)
- Awards/Recognitions: Teacher of the Year 2013 at Luther Branson Elementary, Teacher Representative on School Board at Luther Branson Elementary, Teacher of the Month (August 2017) at Dawson Elementary, Nominated Teacher of the Year 2018 at Dawson Elementary, and was the Recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award for JPS for 2017-2018, Teacher of the Month for September at Ann Smith, Elite Titans Cheer Coach at Ann Smith Elementary
A few of my favorite things: (I love gift cards)
Restaurants: Biaggi's, Newk's, Nagoya Habachi
Stores: J.C.Penny, Belk, New York and Company
Hobbies: Manicure/Pedicures, Singing, Reading the Bible and Romance Novels
Sports: Football (JSU, Cowboys, Saints) and Basketball (Lakers)
Snacks: Salt and Vinegar Chips, Dill Pickles
Drinks: Water (with EXTRA lemons)
Sweets: Now and Laters
Thanks for checking in!!!
It is ALWAYS a great day to be a Titan!