We are in the home stretch of the 4th nine weeks! Welcome back to the Jazzy Jackson class page! My name is Octavia Jackson and I am a 7-year educator. I was born and raised in Jackson, MS to a mother and father along with three brothers and two sisters, all of Jackson, MS. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Victor Jackson for 7 1/2 years and we have one daughter, Kylea' and one puppy, Hunter. I have begin to prepare my 2nd graders to become in the mindset of a 3rd grader, pushing deeper into our College and Career Readiness Standards and in their thinking. Our class is FULL of learning through hands-on, engaging and thought-provoking activities. I look forward to continuing to have the best year yet with my students!!
All About Mrs. Jackson
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact number: (601) 856-6621
- availability hours: 7:00-7:15 am, 10:30-11:05 am, and after 3:00 pm
- Education Journey: 5 years in Madison County at Luther Branson Elementary, 1 year in Jackson Public Schools at Dawson Elementary, and now I am continuing my journey of year 7 back in Madison County at Ann Smith Elementary
- Awards/Recognitions: Teacher of the Year 2013 at Luther Branson Elementary, Teacher of the Month (August 2017) at Dawson Elementary, Nominated Teacher of the Year 2018 at Dawson Elementary, and was the Recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award for JPS for 2017-2018
A few of my favorite things: (I love gift cards)
Restaurants: Biaggi's, Newk's, Nagoya Habachi
Stores: J.C.Penny, Belk, New York and Company
Hobbies: Mani/Pedi, Sing, Read
Sports: Football (JSU, Cowboys, Saints) and Basketball (Lakers)
Snacks: Salt and Vinegar Chips, Dill Pickles
Drinks: Sprite and Water (with EXTRA lemons)
Sweets: Now and Laters
Thanks for checking in!!!
It is ALWAYS a great day to be a Titan!
In Loving Memory of Drake Ray
February 24, 2011- April 25, 2019
We love you and will forever miss you Drakey!
Your Second Grade Class and Teachers