Welcome to the 2021 - 2022 School Year!
It's a GREAT day to be a TITAN!!!
My name is Leigh Nuñez. I am a 10th and 11th Grade Resource Teacher. We will focus on our personal and academic goals, as well as get ready for any of the Mississippi End of Course (State Tests) Assessments you are taking this year.
Course content will be organized and held in the Resource Canvas Course under Modules. Everthing will be in Modules.
- All handouts, presentations, videos, outside resources, and assessments will be on Canvas
- Links to any necessary outside websites or apps will be on Canvas.
Assessments will be given weekly to track progress on IEP Goals.
- Assessments will be aligned to personal IEP Goals
- Practice questions to help prepare for other course assessments will be in subject modules
Depending on your grade, IEP goals, and accommodations, you will also be using Reading Plus (Reading), Dream Box (math), and/or Khan Academy.
- MCSD has already given you an account for Reading Plus and Dreambox. Instructions to log in are on Canvas in the Resource Module.
- You will receive an inviation to create an account and join my class(es) on Khan Academy. Further instructions are also on Canvas in the Resource Module.
- I will primarily communicate with students and parents via email.
- Students please check your student email weekly at least weekly.
- Parents please check the email you provided teh school at least weekly.
- Immediately important communication will be done via Remind. Please make sure notifications are turned on.
Phone: 601-898-5032 x4643 (RHS Voicemail)
Google Voice available to parents and guardians upon request.
Resource Room 143
I am married to Eduardo Nuñez, who is an engineer. We have a baby girl.
I was born and raised in Baton Rouge, LA, but I have called Mississippi home for the past few years. This is my eigth year in education and my fourth year with MCS/ Ridgeland High School. I am so excited to be working with you and your children. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you have any questions or concerns.
J.D./D.C.L, 2014 Paul M. Hebert Law School, Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
M.Ed. Special Education, 2019 Delta State University (Cleveland, MS)
M.S. Elementary Education, 2016 Johns Hopkins (Baltimore, MD)
B.A. History, 2010 Christian Brothers University (Memphis, TN)
Photo Credit: Jess Winters Photography