Welcome to my class. I am so excited about teaching at GMS. Go MAVS! This year I am teaching 7th grade science. Middle School is a busy and exciting journey full of new experiences. Consequently, parents and students, please visit my Canvas website on a regular basis to stay up to date on what is happening in class, especially in the event of an absence. Parents, please sign up as an observer on Canvas for each of your child's classes.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
I grew up in an Air Force family. Consequently, I have lived in many places all across the US. Until recently, I made my home in Oklahoma, where I met my husband of 25 years. We have two daughters, one grandson, and three dogs. Our youngest daughter is at GHS this year as a junior! I graduated from the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma with a B.S. in Natural Science, a minor in Liberal Arts and my teaching credentials. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, playing board games, and traveling. I am looking forward to a great year at GMS. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Be on time for class with your binder, sharpened pencil, and any other needed supplies.
- Be ready to learn.
- Have completed any readings or other preparatory work from the previous class.
- Stay engaged with the current task during the duration of class.
- Follow the MAV Motto.
- We will use the PBIS system of rewards and corrections.
- We will follow the guidelines set forth in the Madison County Schools handbook.
- Turn in all assignments on time!
- Have fun!
- Erasable pen, highlighter (any color), box of colored pencils, and washable markers.
- Loose leaf paper for your Science Section of Binder.
- Calculator (basic 5 functions) from the 7th grade supply list.
- A pencil pouch of your choice- Large enough to hold all school supplies.
- $15 lab fee
- Students must adhere to classroom rules stated in the student handbook.
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete all assigned work. If it is not completed in class, then it is homework!
- Make sure to charge your Chromebook every evening.
- Canvas is the way for parents and students to stay informed about my class. It is the student’s responsibility to stay informed in order to be successful.
- I strongly encourage parents to create a Canvas parent account.
- Canvas is the way to know what is currently expected of your child.
- Active parent/active student gives a percentage of understanding after completion of academic check points.
- Minor Grades (34%) - Mav Marks, Daily Work, and Quizzes.
- Major Grades (66%) – Tests and Projects.
- A “NG” is averaged as a zero. This shows the student did not turn the assignment in. However, the student may still turn in the assignment for partial credit.
- Students will need a science binder section or a binder for my class.
- Extra individual help can be given during zero block. If a student misses a class, he/she may also complete make-up work during zero block.
- 7th Grade Zero Block is on Thursday from 7:30am to 8:15am.
- Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Remember, it’s a good day to have a good day!