WELCOME TO MISSISSIPPI STUDIES!
About Mr. Stuart:
Hi to all parents, guardians, and students! I'm so excited for my second year at Germantown Middle School. I previously worked in the newspaper and public relations industries for seven years. After spending so many years feeling like a bystander, I decided to change paths in hopes to affect positive change. Though we will focus on a broad array of topics in my seventh-grade classes, one thing I hope to do regardless of student is to help them become effective communicators.My planning blocks are first and eighth blocks, which start at 8:20 a.m. and 1:46 p.m. respectively. Any questions, concerns, or general knowledge I should know about your student can be emailed to me and I will be checking frequently. For more pressing concerns, contact the front office and I will happily arrange a meeting or conference. I can not wait to meet each and every one of my students and am looking forward to a wonderful 2018-2019 school year. And as always, GO MAVS!ZERO BLOCK:I will offer a regular zero block on Tuesday mornings. However, I also will always be available for your students on any other mornings besides Fridays. I am here to serve your children, so if you or they feel more one-on-one time is needed, please let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate your child.
For students who missed a class, check the homework blog tab on the left. I update it frequently with basic information about what we will be doing each day in class. Furthermore, any study guides, vocabulary sheets or other major handouts will be uploaded under the corresponding unit tab to the left.RULES AND PROCEDURES:
- Respect yourself. You/your student deserves respect from Mr. Stuart and your peers. Let Mr. Stuart know if you do not feel you are respected.
- Respect others. We all know the Golden Rule. Treat others as you want to be treated. This includes keeping your hands and feet to yourselves.
- Respect Mr. Stuart. I am a pretty relaxed teacher. Help me help you.
- Respect all Germantown Middle School staff members.
Procedures (How we do things):
- Raise your hand to speak. When we have class discussion, interrupting is rude. When Mr. Stuart asks a question, he always expects hands before voices.
- Raise your hand to get up. You will not wander around the room, sharpen your pencil etc. without asking for permission. Minor forms will be issued for this.
- You will receive three bathroom passes per nine weeks. Any extra may be turned in for extra credit, but once you have used your third pass, you will have to wait until the bell to use the restroom for the remainder of the nine-weeks period.