RHS Academy of EngineeringInstructor: Richardson, Bill
Madison County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age or religion.
My name is Bill Richardson, and I am the teacher/instructor for the Ridgeland High School Academy of Engineering. The academy focuses on engineering, CAD, robotics, unmanned aerial vehicles, and highly technical skills throughout its successive years. Students will become skilled in problem solving, CAD, robotics, additive manufacturing, CNC (subtractive) manufacturing, and design. We are currently phasing in Project Lead the Way (PLTW) with freshmen and will gradually integrate more PLTW classes as thode freshmen move up in grade level.
The Academy of Engineering webpage is located here.My credentials:AA - Electronics TechnologyB.S. HistoryM.Ed. - HistoryEd. Spec. - K-12 administrationNational Board Certified Teacher in Career and Technical EducationProject Lead the Way - IED (Introduction to Engineering Design), DE (Digital Electronics) certifiedCertificates & Awards:
- Inspire All Stars Award - Inducted into the International STEM Teacher Hall of Fame
- CSWA (Certified SolidWorks Associate)
- Project Lead the Way - IED (Introduction to Engineering Design), DE (Digital Electronics) certified
- National Board Certified Teacher in Career and Technical Education
- US Patent Office Teacher Institute graduate
- Star Teacher 2014 - 2015
- National Robotics Teacher of the Year 20??
- Ridgeland City Make Award 20??
- Madison County Middle Teacher of the Year 20??
- National TSA Mississippi Teacher of the Year 20??
- Raspberry Pi Certified Educator 2018 (Picademy Atlanta)
- Robotics teams coach/mentor
- FCC Radio Licensed since 1991 – Extra Class License
- ARRL Teacher Institute I & II graduate
- Microsoft Certified Professional