Mannsdale Upper Elementary
Mark of Excellence
I am so excited about beginning my 11th year of teaching. I will be teaching 4th grade reading and my switch partners are Mrs. Harris and Mrs. Lowe.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join our class remind : text to 81010
class code: @gatesha
Canvas is the district's online management system. We will teach your child how to use this tool in class. You can access Canvas by clicking the link below:
Fraction Test #1
Capitalization Quiz on Rules 1-6
Math Spiral Quiz
Reading Quiz (40% grade)
Reading: We will be reading the passage “Christmas from Heaven.” Our new vocabulary will be matching on the quiz. The quiz (40% grade) will be Friday.
Language: Capitalization Rules – Quiz on Rules 1-6 on Thursday. Figurative Language practice – Quiz on December 8th.
Word Study: NONE
Writing: Narrative Writing Packet.
Math: We will continue with fractions on a # line, comparing and making equivalent fractions. We will have our first Fraction test Wednesday. We will have a spiral quiz Friday.
Science: Topic 6, Lessons 1-2. Quiz will be December 7th.
Social Studies: Scholastic News and Quiz Whiz due Friday.
Christmas From Heaven & Mercedes and the Chocolate Pilot
1. yoke- (control column) a lever or pillar, usually fitted with a hand wheel, used to control the movements of an aircraft
2. gratitude – a feeling of appreciation or thanks
3. irresistible – impossible to resist, especially because of strength or attractiveness
4. rations – to control the amount of something (such as food or gasoline) that people are allowed to have, especially when there is a limited supply
5. generosity – the quality of being kind and understanding; not selfish
6. frau – a German married woman (wife)
7. blockade – to stop people or supplies from entering or leaving (a port or country), especially during a war
8. scold- to speak in an angry or critical way
9. linger – to be slow in parting or in quitting something
10. molt – to lose a covering of hair, feathers, etc. and
Topic 6- The History of Planet Earth