Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 8th grade United States History! My name is Mrs. Frazier and this is my 6th year teaching at Olde Towne. I love teaching and I love history so I hope we have a great year! A little information about me: I coach cross country for middle and high school and I'm the head girl's basketball coach here at Olde Towne, I will also be coaching high school track this year. I graduated from Tennessee Tech University where I ran cross country and track for 4 years on scholarship. I still enjoy running and ran in the Boston Marathon this past spring. I love to travel and experience new cultures. I've been to Nicaragua, Thailand, The Czech Republic, Scotland, England, Portugal, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Spain, Malta, San Marino, Vatican City, Morocco, Japan, Malaysia, India, The Seychelles, and the United Arab Emirates. I try to travel whenever I can and I always have a story or a picture of my travels for my students. I'm a proud Titan and I love to help my kids succeed. Our classroom pet is Abraham Lincoln who has his own instagram page: thinkinlincoln1863. If you follow his page you'll see what's up in our class, bonus questions, my travels, and sometimes test questions. If you have a question or comment please feel free to email me!
CURRENT EVENTS DUE ON FRIDAYS. CHECK TAB ON LEFT SIDE OF PAGE FOR DUE DATES AND INSTRUCTIONS!
THANKSGIVING EXTRA CREDIT:
Please read the following instructions about the extra credit. These directions were also given to students before who chose the extra credit opportunity before Thanksgiving.
- Available to ALL students in Mrs. Frazier’s US History Classes
- Each student will get a copy of the Constitution BEFORE Thanksgiving- it is on her website and they will be able to download it in class. They can also download it later during the break if they misplace it.
- They are responsible for getting the packet from Mrs. Frazier BEFORE Thanksgiving break- I will NOT email copies of the packet to parents and it will NOT be posted on my webpage.
- Students will read the entire Constitution and complete the packet- it is in order
- This is ALL or NOTHING! To get the extra credit the entire packet MUST be COMPLETE! I won’t take anything less
- It is due the day everyone comes back from Thanksgiving- A and B day students must give it to Mrs. Frazier in room B201 before 8:17 on Monday December 2 or it won’t be accepted. No excuses.
Here is a copy of the Constitution for you to complete the assignmet: CONSTITUTION
Students were also given the opportunity to download this during class before break so that it was already on their Chromebook.
A Day: November 22
B Day: November 21
STUDY GUIDE: constitution study guide
The study guide will be due before the test for a homework grade!
REVOLUTIONARY WAR TEST:
A Day: October 31
B Day: October 30
Study Guide: Revolutionary War
The study guide will be due before the test as a homework grade!
In Class Projects: Students were given a class period to work on a project. What they didn't finish was homework.
A Day: Due October 29
B Day: Due October 30
ROAD TO THE REVOLUTION TEST:
A Day: October 7
B Day: October 8
Study Guide: Road to Revolution Study Guide
Powerpoint: Class Notes
UNIT 1 TEST:
A DAY: SEPTEMBER 11
B DAY: SEPTEMBER 12
STUDY GUIDE: 8.1 Test Study Guide
NEXT MAP TEST:
A DAY: October 11th
B Day: October 4th
SIGNED SYLLABUS DUE:
A Day: August 21st
B Day: August 22nd
First Map of the US Test:
B Day: August 16th
A Day: August 23rd