GiftedGifted education provides instruction in creativity, thinking skills, research, creative problem solving, communication, leadership, group dynamics, and self-knowledge in order to increase students’ skill and capacity for autonomous learning, metacognition, and self-understanding.Why is Gifted Education Necessary?
- It provides equal and fair learning conditions for gifted students.
- It meets the unique needs of gifted children
- It helps gifted students to achieve their potential
- It aids other students in achieving their potential
- It is inexpensive compared to the results of not having gifted education
- Adapted from Why Gifted Education, Rochester Supporting Advanced and Gifted Education (SAGE).