Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Tosha Nowell
- Mrs. Tosha Nowell is the Librarian at Camden Elementary. Her role as librarian is to assist Camden Elementary students, teachers, faculty & staff in using the library resources and checking out library books, materials & resources. She ensures that the school library meets the requirements set forth by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Camden Elementary School's library card catalog and circulation system is automated through Follett Destiny software. This computer based automated system allows patrons to search for needed materials. Camden has 6 computer stations for students and staff to use for library purposes (OPAC, Accelerated Reader, research, World Book, myON reports, etc.)
- Pre-K - Fifth Grade students are scheduled for library classes. Pre-K classes will participate in storytime and theme studies in addition to library skill lessons. Students in grades K-5 are scheduled to come to the library to participate in story time/read alouds, library lessons & library book checkout. The Library has additional library time scheduled for Open Checkout, where students can exchange library books outside of regular scheduled library classes, and Reserved for Classes, where teachers can reserve the library for group projects and class research.
- Students will take the MAP test to determine their reading levels for library books beginning in First Grade. The MAP test will be administered in August/September and January to determine the Accelerated Reading Range (ZPD) of each student. This ZPD is also used to determine AR Reading Points Goals.
- Students enrolled in grades 3-5 are required to create a Reading Fair Board in Fall. Participation for grades Pre-K-2nd grade is optional.