I hope everyone has been enjoying their extended Spring Break and are staying healthy and safe through this stressful time for the entire country. On March 23rd, SSMS and the rest of Madison County SChools Disrict will begin courses online for each student. Students will be able to access their classes through their Canvas accounts. Each assignment will need to be submitted by the end of each week and thsese assignments will be graded. This is a challenging time and challenges are what makes math students become problem solvers.
Here are some pointers for getting the best out of the online learning experience:
- Find a quiet, open space to complete your work.
- Have a notebook, paper, and pencil handy.
- When viewing video,
- Play it through first.
- During replay,
- Pause or rewind video to record notes from video.
- Use your notes to help answer questions and/or complete problems.
- Complete problems using paper and pencil first, then type your answer once you are sure of your answer.
- Send any questions related to the math topic to the teacher.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner.
- Assignments will be due at the end of each week and will be graded.
It is important that you place your concentration on the math learning. Grades are secondary; a result of your learning. Learn from your mistakes. Many math concepts have been developed by learning from past mistakes and learning how to improve upon them. Once you've learned a concept or skill, PRACTICE IT!
Have FUN! Learn!
8th Grade Math Teacher/Algebra 1
Supplies needed daily
- 2- 1 subject notebooks
- 1- 1 inch binder
- Loose leaf paper
- At least two pencils (No Pens!!!)
- Colored Pencil
- Positive Attitude
- The WILL to be better!
Let’s work together to help your child have a successful year. Some things that can be done at home to contribute to your child’s success:
- Make sure your child has comfortable and quiet area to study and do homework.
- Check homework for accuracy and completeness
- Express high yet realistic expectations for achievement
- Encourage your child daily to do their best