Music at Ann Smith Elementary
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!!!
Students will be enriched with music activities that are in line with the Mississippi Music Framework and National Standards for Music Education. All of these standards can be achieved even at the kindergarten, first- and second-grade levels.
National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Use kind words
Speak when it is your turn
Follow all directions
Take care of your classroom
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourselfPerformances:During the school year our students with participate in our Fall, holiday, patriotic, and Earth Day performances. Each year students are taught performance skills, dance techniques, and instrumentation along with their grade level standards.*Our 2nd grade program, House Mouse Senate Mouse, will be Friday, February 22, 2019! The following 2nd grade classes will be participating in this program:1st performance 8:30 am- Barnes, Robbins, & Sims2nd performance 10:00 am- Keen, McGee, & TompkinsPerformance dates:Patriot- Friday, February 22, 2019Earth Day- Friday, April 3, 2019Kindergarten play- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 & Thursday, May 16, 2019“Fave” Music Websites