Music at Ann Smith Elementary
Students will be enriched with music activities that are in line with the Mississippi Music Framework and National Standards for Music Education. All of these standards can be achieved even at the kindergarten, first- and second-grade levels.
National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Use kind words
Speak when it is your turn
Follow all directions
Take care of your classroom
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourselfPerformances:During the school year our students with participate in our Fall, holiday, patriotic, and Earth Day performances. Each year students are taught performance skills, dance techniques, and instrumentation along with their grade level standards.“Fave” Music Websites