Are you ready for an adventure?!
- To learn basic skills of vocabulary, listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing of the Spanish language
- To develop a basic understanding and appreciation of Hispanic culture in the U.S. and abroad
- Spanish-speaking countries
- Greetings, goodbyes, and manners
- Numbers 1-100
- Dates, time, and weather
Chapter 1 – Who are we?
- Describing people and things
- Where we are from
Chapter 2 – The Family and The Home
- Describing family and pets
- Talking about Rooms in a House
Chapter 3 – During Class and Later
- Talking about what we do in school
- Compare school and after-school activities
Chapter 4 – What we eat and Where?
- Identify and discuss foods
- Order food at a restaurant
Chapter 5 – Sports
- Talking about sport and teams
- Colors and uniforms
Chapter 6 – Well-Being
- Describing personality and emotions
- Going to the doctor
Chapter 7 – On Vacation
- Discuss summer and winter weather
- Learn about seasonal activities
Help me get to know you!Below are links to the online Parent and Student Questionnaires that are embedded on the course syllabus:Parent Questionnaire 2021-22 to be completed by parentsSpanish I Student Questionnaire 2021-22 to be completed by students
This year I will be using School Status instead of Remind. More information about this new school-wide resource is coming soon!
Track your child's Mav Money on Class Dojo!Parents, please use the links below:6th Block PARENTS: [link coming soon]8th Block PARENTS: [link coming soon]*Students will sign up during classWatch this video for info about Class Dojo:Quizlet will be one of your best friends this year!Join your class's Quizlet folder:6th Block Spanish I [link coming soon]8th Block Spanish I [link coming soon]*When creating an account, I recommend using a personal e-mail account just in case you forget your password and need to recover it via e-mail.
Duolingo Extra Credit!
Click on the following link to join our class folder.
6th Block Spanish I: [link coming soon]
8th Block Spanish I: [link coming soon]
Instructions for joining Duolingo class:
- Download the Duolingo app or go to their website, duolingo.com
- Get Started. Then select Spanish.
- Set your Daily Goal and continue (you can change this later).
- Create a Profile:
- On Android phone, press the menu icon at the top right corner and press Create a Profile.
- On iOS phone, press Profile in the top left corner and press Create a Profile.
- Type in your Name, Email and Password, then press Create (I recommend using a personal e-mail instead of school email in case you forget your password and need to recover it via e-mail later).
- Go to your Profile and press Progress Sharing.
- Type in your Classroom Code (see teacher’s instructions)
- Press Join Class.
I host Zero Block on B-Days!