THE GERMANTOWN HIGH SCHOOL BAND
Week of 7/11/19
2019 FULL SUMMER CAMP!
BEGINS MONDAY 7/15/19!
Reminders/responsibilities for Camp.
- Please remember to have all the required materials for camp- see your summer letter or email Mr. Harvison with any questions.
- All music (including warm-ups) needs to be ready to play by camp.
- UPDATED-FINAL PART 3 & 4 is in the Dropbox folder as well as all percussion music! Please download and print this updated music. Percussionists: please make sure you have all of the new music with you at camp. There are also updated recordings for your reference! Check those out and get excited about your show! Email a director if you need a link to the Dropbox.
- PLEASE EVERYONE start getting outside and getting acclimated to the temperature and humidity outside. There are several wide-brim hats on the market and even some that feature a water-cooled fabric to keep you cool. I highly recommend getting these to help you stay cool and productive during rehearsals.
- Click HERE for Mandatory Materials/Supplies
Camp Daily Schedule:
Below is the daily schedule for each day of full camp:
- 8AM to 11:30AM- Marching (outside)
- 11:30 to 1PM- Lunch—on your own.Drivers (and their siblings) may leave campus, all other students may not leave campus unless it is with their parents.
- 1PM to 4PM- Sectionals (inside)
- 4 to 5PM- Dinner (on your own…same rules as lunch)
- 5PM to 8PM- Marching (outside)
- July 19th- Shoe fitting
- Freshmen, rookies or anyone that needs a pair of Dinkles (the specific marching shoe that we use) will need to be fitted for and order their shoes on this day.The price is $44.00 for the band shoe and $41.50 for the Everjazz guard shoe---cash or money order only to Burnham Enterprises (not GHS Band).
- July 24th -Fall Fundraiser Kick-Off
- On Wednesday, July 24th Mr. David Nicholson will be here to do our one and only Fall Fundraiser. And the best part is, it will be completed in 45 mins. That’s right, 45mins only. The information about the fundraiser is attached. Please look it over and have your call list ready by July 24th to maximize our efforts. The band boosters will provide pizza during the dinner break while the fundraiser is administered by Mr. Nicholson.
If you have any questions about getting your music, please ask! We need everyone to be prepared when they arrive at camp! Please let us know if you need assistance!
Freshmen—many of you have inquired about freshmen orientation.
Please, if possible, sign up for a time during the 1-4pm time slot to get your MacBook, etc.. on any day.
GHS BANDS FALL 2019 MASTER CALENDAR
DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR HERE
Next Germantown Band Booster Meeting:
Monday, August 5th, 2019
GHS Band Hall
Having trouble paying your band fees online?
Email Mrs. Brunetz, Band Booster President HERE for help!PARENTS and STUDENTS!STAY IN THE KNOW AND GET REMINDERS AND ALERTSSIGN UP FOR INFO TEXT BLASTS TO YOUR CELL PHONE FROM THE GHS BAND.TEXT: @24935 to 81010*NOTE*- You MUST type the @ symbol before the 24935 for the text to work.
Click HERE for Mandatory Materials/Supplies