Welcome to the Germantown High SchoolLibrary Media Center!
It is the mission of the Germantown High School Library Media Center to partner with our district to:
Provide a welcome environment that is conducive to learning and that promotes the intellectual and personal growth of students.
Provide a quality education for every child and to encourage lifelong literacy and learning through reading.
Make available a collection of quality literature that engages the reader thus fostering a love of reading for its own sake.
Endeavor to provide an information rich environment in which both students and staff learn to access, evaluate and utilize a variety of information in print and electronic formats, and to
Support the school's curriculum and assist members of the learning community in becoming effective users of information by providing a comprehensive program that includes access to information that is appropriate for student development and that is diverse in format and interest.
Librarian: Kristie Abbey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant: Sara Male - email@example.com
- Hours of the GHS Library Media Center are 7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Students visiting the library must have a library pass. Please make sure the pass has the following information: student name, date, time sent and teacher name. When the student returns to class, they will be given a note from the librarian with the same information.
- Students visiting the library should sign-in and sign-out in the notebook on the circulation desk. If they are with a class, before school, Mav break, or after school, they do not have to sign-in.
- The librarian and assistant have the right to ask a student to leave if they are not using the library for research, reading or studying.
- No food or drinks in the library.
- Books may be checked out for three weeks. Fines for overdue books are $.05/day/book.
MacBook Tech Support: Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 - 11:30, Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00 - 3:30