6th Grade Science - Mrs. Walker, Room 608
I'm excited about this school year! I love 6th Grade!!
Remind: 2021-2022 Class remind: https://www.remind.com/join/bb49k6 or text @bb49k6 to the number 81010
6th Grade Science Topics
1st 9 Weeks
Characteristics of Living Things
2nd 9 Weeks
3rd 9 Weeks
Motion and Energy
4th 9 Weeks
Minor Grades: Also known as, Daily Grades count 35% of the total grade
- Jag Marks (Bell Ringers)- The students answer 2 questions each day as a review of what we have been discussing. After 5 days, they turn this in for a daily grade.
- Vocabulary Quizzes - The students will have a vocabulary quiz on the words. I encourage them to do flash card for extra points on the vocabulary quizzes.
- Quick Check – These are quizzes on the material we cover in class. They may use their notes for this.
Major Grades: Test grades count 65% of the total grade
- Chapter Test - We cover 3 chapters each 9 weeks so that means we will have 3 test per 9 weeks. The students will receive a study guide to use to study for their chapter test.
- Extra credit project – Each 9 weeks, we offer a project that is related to something that we’ve covered during the 9 weeks. It is an optional project.
Where to find out about Science Assignments
- Assignments are written on the board.
- Remind – This code is on the top of this note.
* a binder (The student may put Science with another subject; however, he or she needs to keep it separated with a divider)
* pencils (pencil sharpener/optional)
*pens (black and/or blue)
* 1 -2 dividers are the only necessary items your child will need for science.
* colored pencils, crayons, and/or markers
Band-aids, Kleenex, Clorox Wipes, paper towels, and candy for treats.
- Be King
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Prepared
1. First offense- Warning
2. Second Offense- Parent Notice 1 and/or e-mail
3. Third Offense - Parent Notice 2 and phone call
4. Fourth Offense - Report to Office
5. Severe disturbance- Any act such as fighting, defiance, or profanity will result in immediate referral to the principal's office for possible expulsion.
Positive phone calls/emails home, candy,
I'm looking forward to an awesome year!!