Welcome to Spanish I! My name is Katie Jones.
- This is my fifth year teaching at Old Town.
- I graduated with a degree in Spanish from the University of Mississippi after studying abroad in Costa Rica for part of my senior year.
- My primary focus in the University was on Spanish grammar and linguistics, though I also took courses in Spanish Literature.
- I also minored in Teaching English as a Second Language.
- I completed my Master's Degree this past June.
- I have done interpretation and translation in addition to teaching. I've loved to travel for my whole life.
- I have been to 28 states and 4 different countries: Canada, Costa Rica, Jordan, and México.
Spanish I is a high school credit course and is taught in Spanish. Students are to come to class every day with a charged Chromebook, notes, paper, and a writing utensil.
Check Canvas frequently for updates. All assignments are posted on the Unit Calendar/Grid.