Old Town Middle
Mark of Excellence
7th Grade Math Syllabus 2023-2024
Ms. Etoria Hill
I would like to welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year! This syllabus contains information you will need to know for this class. If you have any questions, please email or call.
I encourage all parents to register for an Active Parent account; this allows you access to your student’s grades online at any time. The registration form may be printed from the Madison County School District website in the top right corner. (Madison-schools.com)
(1) Be on time, on task, and prepared to learn each day.
(2) Respect the teacher, the classroom, other students, and yourself.
(3) Be responsible for your own learning.
(4) Clean up after yourself.
(5) Keep all personal electronics put away.
(1) Positive redirection and reteach expectations
(2) Student reflection and/or loss of privileges
(3) Parent contact
(4) Minor discipline referral.
**A phone call home or email may occur at any point.
**A serious offense will result in an immediate office referral.
(1) Four-function calculator with a +/- button. No scientific or graphing calculators.
(2) poly folders with prongs and pockets
(5) packs of pencils
Cell phones: Cell phones are prohibited.
Notes: You will be required to take notes. They are used to help you complete homework, class work, and study for tests. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make sure you get any missed notes.
Canvas: A copy of all class notes by lesson/chapter along with vocabulary pages will be available in Canvas. In addition, videos for each lesson will be available to help with additional understanding. This is a useful resource when a student is absent as well.
Homework: Homework is an opportunity for you to practice what we have learned in class. It is beneficial to complete homework because it helps reinforce, or practice a recent concept. As a class, homework is discussed in its entirety the following day, as well as a quick check for understanding. Please be responsible and bring your assignments to class on time and complete them.
Tests: Each test will consist of questions from the current standards being studied and from previously taught standards. All tests are application based.
You can access my school webpage by accessing the OTMS website. I will have class information updated regularly.
2) Select “Our Schools” in the top right corner of the page.
3) Select “Middle”.
3) Select “Old Town Middle”.
4) Select “Teachers” and select my name
My contact information: email@example.com
Remind101: Text the message @mshillmath to the number 81010.
I am looking forward to a great year!
Ms. Etoria Hill