Mrs. Starnes, email@example.com
- Put book bags neatly under your table.
- Sharpen pencil and be seated before tardy bell rings.
- Silently work on the Mav Mark.
- Silently listen to lectures & directions for projects before correctly completing your assignment.
- Clean up your table and floor; put materials back in the correct place; and put your artwork in the portfolio shelf, class drawer, or drying rack.
- Quietly wait to be dismissed.
- Enter the room quietly and on time. No disruptive or discourteous behavior.
- Follow all directions the first time they are given.
- Keep your hands, feet, and art supplies to yourself.
- Respect yourself, others, and the teacher. No put downs of classmates or their artwork.
- Participate in all activities.
- Follow all school rules listed in the handbook.
- 1st Warning: Warning: Restate/Reteach Expectation – Minor Form Completed (parent signature – call parent if form not signed.)
- 2ndWarning: Minor Form Completed – Call Parent
- 3rd Warning: Minor Form Completed – Call Parent
- 4th Warning: Major Infraction
- Receiving 3 Minor Infractions
- Major Behavior (Stealing, Fighting, Serious Disruption, Vandalism, Cursing, etc.)
- Verbal Praise
- Mav Money
- An encouraging note, email, or phone call home
- Music while working
- Softly talking while working
- Use cell phone for researching ideas
What you can expect from me as the teacher:
- To treat you with respect and care as an individual
- To provide you an orderly classroom environment
- To provide the necessary discipline
- To provide the appropriate motivation
- To teach you the required content
- To show off your awesome achievements
- There is a $15 art fee and that covers the entire year’s worth of supplies.
- Please bring your fee as soon as you can. Checks made to GMS with student's first and last name on memo line, cash, or School Bucks
- I will give you a receipt.
Supplies needed for class everyday:
- Pencil and an eraser
- I will have some to BORROW only. It must be returned.
Topics that will be covered:
- 1st/2ndnine weeks: drawing, shading, & color
- Day of the Arts Projects
- Value Study
- Shading objects
- Color Study
- School Decorations
- 3rd/4thnine weeks: Painting & 3D
- Watercolor Painting
- Mixed Media Oil Pastel and Painting
- Making 3D objects
- Day of the Arts Artwork/Advertising
- Madison County Soil & Water Conservation Poster Contest
- Any projects are subject to change.
- Daily found on Canvas.
- Consist mostly of vocabulary, drawing exercises, and reflections on projects
- 5 Mav Marks equals one daily grade (100 points).
- Tests will be given the end of every nine weeks or the end of each semester depending on material given.
- Tests will come from the Mav Marks found on Canvas.
- A review sheet will be sent home at least two weeks prior to test.
- We will play a review game the day before or on test day. (bonus points)
- Projects also count as a test grade.
- A 90 – 100
- B 80 – 89
- C 70 – 79
- D 65 – 69
- F 0 – 64
- Mav Marks
How do I grade projects?
- I create a rubric from the project’s directions.
- If you follow the directions and do YOUR BEST, you will be fine!!
- I don’t grade on art ability; but following directions and participation.
- I do have higher expectations for my Art II students because I know what you have learned and what you are capable of already! I can’t wait to be impressed!!
- Students are asked to respect ALL adults, even if they are not their teachers.
- Bathroom during class change: 3 in/ 3 out at a time
- Bathroom during class time: Teachers will issue 3 bathroom passes per nine weeks in their classroom. If a student does not use all their bathroom passes, they can turn them in at the end of the nine weeks and receive bonus points on an assignment.
- Students will remain on RED (silent) in halls to and from lunch or hanging up artwork.
- No food, earbuds, or phones in the hall except for in the mornings when transitioning from buses to courtyard and dismissal.
- All cell phones must remain in student’s book bags at all times. Minor forms will be issued for phones out without teacher permission.
- No students will be out of class during first 10, last 10, and WAR time.
- Minor forms will be issued for tardiness. 3 tardiness = a major write up
- Minor Forms will be issued for dress code. Checked 1st and 5th block
Cell Phones in Art: Cell phones should NOT been seen until given permission by the teacher.
- Cell phones may be used in my class at the appropriate time.
NOT Appropriate Time:
- Walking into or leaving the classroom
- After instructions and lesson with the teacher’s permission to get cell phones out
- While the teacher is giving instructions or the lesson
- While the student is working on his/her artwork with teacher’s permission
- WAR. Time
- Academic use during lesson with teacher signal
- Cell phones may be used in my class with the appropriate usage.
NOT Appropriate Usage:
- Games, etc.
- Clipart for art projects
- Texting, etc.
- Listening to music while working on his/her artwork WITH earbuds
- Snap Chat, etc.
- Google or Artlex - Academic use during lesson with teacher signal
- Taking pictures or selfies, etc.
- ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, etc.
By signing below, means you have read and understood all the above information about Art II.
Date: _______________________ Class Period: _______________
Student Name (PRINT): __________________Student Signature: ______________
Parent or Guardian Signature: ___________________________________________