FRIDAY (A Day)
October 23, 2020
Country Chicken Potato Bowl
BBQ Bacon Burger
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Chopped Jerk Chicken Salad
Chicken Ceasar Wrap
- The GHS Speech and Debate team is holding its annual Pecan Sale fundraiser! This is a perfect opportunity to support a local MS farm and our team! Pecans will be delivered mid-November right in time for holiday baking! To purchase, speak with a team member or coach.
- Beta Club Applications for new members are available outside room 128. Applications must be turned in by Friday, October 30th to Mrs. Farrington or the drop box outside room 128.
- Please come by room 204 if you are interested in participating in Robotics this year. Your completed form with money needs to be returned by October 30th.
- Senior Pictures Make-Up date will be Thursday, October 29. This is for any senior who has not had their senior portrait taken or who has not scheduled an appointment.
- Make-Up Picture day will be Thursday, October 29. If you were absent on school picture day, you will need to take your picture on this day for your ID and yearbook picture.
- Order a 2020-2021 yearbook on the school website for $70.
- Senior ads for the yearbook are on sale on the school website until November 30. Pay and design online through the link.
- If you are interested in joining Mu Alpha Theta, please email Mrs. Crissey at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Canvas course. All information and meetings will be held on this canvas course.
ATHLETICS THIS WEEK
Wednesday (10/21) - Cross Country at Choctaw Trails District Meet
Friday (10/23) - Football vs. Cleveland Central (HOMECOMING) 7:00 p.m.
Saturday (10/24) - Swim at State Meet in Tupelo
ANNOUNCEMENTS BY DATE
10/29 - Senior / Picture Make-up Day
10/30 - Beta Club and Robotics Deadline
- The cross country teams participated in the Region 2-6A district meet Wednesday at Choctaw Trails in Clinton, Ms. The girl’s teams finished 4th and the boys team finished 5th. Germantown had four all distract runners, which requires finishing in the top fourteen. Maddie Tupper and Avan Sylve were all district in the girls race, finishing 6th and 13th. Noah Mason and John Murray McCullouch were all district for the boys, finishing 10th and 11th. Congrats to these individuals and to all the runners who participated Wednesday. Go Mavs!
- We Care Box: The GHS Counselor’s Office will be utilizing the We Care box this year as a source of communication between the students and GHS counselors. The black box is located between the library and art hallway. It is designed to be a confidential course of communication for students to report to the Counselor’s Office other students who are in need, a danger to themselves or others, or other concerns. Concerns placed in the box are taken very seriously—please only make a report if you have a legitimate concern! Reports can be made anonymously; however, it is very helpful to have the name of the person reporting the information in the event further information is needed. If you have a legitimate concern about another student, please fill out one of the yellow WE CARE forms located in the folder on the outside of the mailbox and drop it inside the box. The box will be checked in a timely manner.
- Please visit the Counselor’s Office tab on our website (ghsmavs.com) for scholarship information.