TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021
- REMINDER FOR ALL STUDENTS: No food or drink is allowed to be brought to you during the day. Please make sure to take advantage of the FREE breakfast and lunch this year.
- School Picture Retakes will be October 28th.
- Would you like to expand you knowledge about different cultures? The GHS Culture Club interest meeting will take place Thursday, October 7th at 7:50 am in Room 406.
- Attention 11th and 12th graders condsidering the Armed Forces: Germantown High School is offering the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) on Wednesday, October 20th from 8:20 am until 12:00 pm in the Multi-Purpose Gym. This is a nationally normed test that focuses on Math, Verbal, and Science. It also includes a career exploration section that indicated aptitude for a series of career fields running the gamut from engineering to arts. The test is free and helpps qualify high school students for entrance into the military and scholoarships. If you are not in JROTC and want to take the test, please let LtCol Harrill know through email email@example.com. If you are an 11th or 12th grader in JROTC, this test is mandatory.
- PSAT for 9th graders will be offered Thursday, January 20, 2022 at GHS. Sign up and pay for the PSAT exam on myschoolbucks. It is $14. The deadline to sign up and pay is October 29, 2021.
DATES AND DEADLINES
10/28 - School Picture Retakes
10/29 - Deadline for PSAT signup
- We Care Box: The GHS Counselor’s Office will be utilizing the We Care box this year as a source of communication between the students and GHS counselors. The black box is located between the library and art hallway. It is designed to be a confidential course of communication for students to report to the Counselor’s Office other students who are in need, a danger to themselves or others, or other concerns. Concerns placed in the box are taken very seriously—please only make a report if you have a legitimate concern! Reports can be made anonymously; however, it is very helpful to have the name of the person reporting the information in the event further information is needed. If you have a legitimate concern about another student, please fill out one of the yellow WE CARE forms located in the folder on the outside of the mailbox and drop it inside the box. The box will be checked in a timely manner.
- Please visit the Counselor’s Office tab on our website (ghsmavs.com) for scholarship information.