Academic Options Center
Mark of Excellence
I've been teaching at the Academic Options Center for the past 11 years. I'm excited about this new school year. It should be fun incorporating Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics in the class. The Students will complete studies in technology literacy, the design process, robotics simulation, financial and economic literacy, and workplace skills for the 21st century.
Students will be
(failure to comply results in students being written up.)
· Students are to use restrooms at the proper time allotted; not during class time. In case of emergency students will be written up.
· When arriving to classroom students are to remain at the door in a single line until teacher instructs them to come into classroom.
· Student assignments done on the computer should be properly headed.
· Assignments are to be completed within the allotted timeframe; 10 points deduction will be enforced otherwise.
· Beginning at each class period, students are to complete each bell-ringer before going onto regular class assignments.
· Students are to raise hand in order to get teacher attention.
· Students are to wait until the end of class to dispose trash.
· Students are to come to class prepared with needed supplies.
· Makeup work should be turned in no later than a week after due date; automatic 10 points deduction.
· Behavior Modification Sheet will stay in the possession of teacher and performances will be reported to students at the end of class.
Solid Works software
Teaching with Movies
Microsoft Office Suite ’07(Word, Excel, and Publisher)
Financial planning software
Weekly Mixed Practice
Performance Based Assessments(4)
District Mixed Practice Test(3)
End of the Year Common Assessment
Students are to save their work to the C drive folder for each application and to their individual folders. It is your responsibility to save your own work; work unsaved is work undone.