September 25, 2017
The word of the day is juxtaposition, which means the act of placing two things next to each other for implicit comparison. Here’s a sentence, “The proverb “better late than never” succinctly illustrates the juxtaposition of the thought that it is better for something to arrive late than not to have arrived at all.”
Having trouble paying your student’s class fees on My School Bucks? Check out this tutorial video.
- Once you've paid for your PSAT exam in student services, please pick up your guide from student services.
- We will have the following representatives in the Commons on the following days this week: 9/26: Holmes, 9/27: Belmont, and 9/28: Colby.
- If you haven't picked up your school pictures taken in August, please come by gym room 2 at your earliest convenience.
- If you need your transcript sent, you need to sign the clipboard in Student Services or email Mrs. Flesher at email@example.com.
- Students be aware that the district issued cases are required to be on your MacBooks at all times. Any damages because of the lack of this protective case will result in the financial responsibility for repairs falling on you, the student. Also, remember that the strap on the spine of the case is not a handle and is not supposed to be used as such.
- The deadline for the 12th annual AES Scholarship is October 6, 2017. Visit our website at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- Fall Preview Days will be on campus October 9th, 23rd, and November 13th! Registration for this event begins Thursday, September 7th at 9:00am. Please visit their website at www.FallPreview.msstate.edu to learn more!
- If you are interested in attending The University of Virginia and being considered for the Jefferson Scholarship, please put your resume in the folder in front of Mrs. Terry's door by September 29. The Jefferson Scholarship is highly competitive. Applicants must demonstrate excellence in leadership, academics and citizenship to be considered.
Have a great day!