March 20, 2019
The word of the day is prerogative, which means (n) exclusive privilege or right; a special advantage, esp. a right attached to an office, rank or status. Here’s a sentence: It’s my prerogative; I can do what want.
- The yearbook sales deadline is April 20. Make sure to purchase your yearbook now. You may use My School Bucks, bring cash (exact change) or a check made payable to MCHS for $85. See Mrs. Williams in gym room 2 with questions. No extras will be ordered, so please take advantage of this opportunity.
- Who's Who Pictures will be taken Tuesday, March 26 at 7:30am. Meet at the front steps. Wear your Sunday best that is school appropriate. See Mrs. Williams in gym room 2 with any questions.
- SENIORS: The MS Economic Council and Public Education Forum of MS sponsors the MS Scholar’s recognition program for seniors. If you are interested in applying for Mississippi Scholars, you may obtain an application from Student Services. Deadline is April 15.
- Freshman Friday is an event held at Holmes Community College campuses each spring semester. This day is designed to assist high school seniors with registration for summer and/or fall classes. Come meet other incoming Freshmen and learn more about Holmes. Freshman Friday will be held on the Ridgeland Campus April 5. Get your fast pass and skip the line: visit hccapp.holmescc.edu/freshmanfriday. Also, DON'T FORGET to get your college visit form from student services 7 days prior.
- Come by student services to get more information on a contest for High school students in conjunction with A Night of Unity, sponsored by Unite Mississippi, on April 27. You can enter for a chance to win cash and/or electronics by submitting an essay to www.unitemississippi.com/contest.
- National Honor Society Members: Remember that we will continue to collect clothes for our Clothing Drive the week after Spring Break. Drop off your items to Mrs. Stephenson (189) or Ms. Barger (188) any time between classes or before or after school from March 18th - March 22nd.
- INTERESTED IN BEING A CLASS OFFICER OR REPRESENTATIVE ON THE 2019-2020 SGA? APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE STARTING TUESDAY, MARCH 19 AND CAN BE PICKED UP FROM MRS. HOLMES, MR. EDWARDS, OR COACH BOTELER. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BACK NO LATER THAN MONDAY, MARCH 25TH. NO EXCEPTIONS
- For upcoming Seniors who are interested in taking Dual Credit classes in 2019-2020, deadline to submit the necessary ACT scores will be April 30.
- The Natural Science Division at Tougaloo College is recruiting for their 4-week Summer Science and Pre-Engineering Program. They are looking for Seniors who will be graduating -May 2019. It provides an early exposure to college life, college level courses, and career opportunities to expand their horizons and making smooth transitions to college.
College and Scholarship Opportunities:
- Rising juniors and seniors interested in attending Mississippi Governor’s School this summer, please come by student services to get information regarding the scholar benefits and requirements.
For information regarding scholarships click here.
Have a great day!