November 18, 2019
The word of the day is gourmand, which means (n) someone fond of eating and drinking. Here’s a sentence: A gourmand’s hobby is finding the best restaurants in town.
- Basketball- 11/18-23 Madison County Tournament in Canton
- National Honor Society Members: Our monthly member meeting has been moved to Wednesday, November 20th, which is an A-Day. Please be in room 188 at 7:50 a.m. for this meeting.
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes have been ordered and Interact is planning on starting this project. Shoeboxes will be taken up on Nov. 19th, so you will have two weeks to work on them. Tuesday Nov. 19th will be our next meeting and that is the Tuesday before we get out for Thanksgiving. We want to send special thanks to Coach Roby and our great baseball team who will also be helping and sending shoeboxes with us. Thanks so much to all who brought candy which has been delivered to the children at Sunnybrook.
- Yearbooks are on sale. September-December 31,$65,January- April 20,$85 … Order forms are located in the front office.
- Herff Jones/Graduate Services will be back on campus November 19, during lunch in the concession stand to pick up cap and gown orders.
College and Scholarship Opportunities:
- NCDA promotes career development through its annual celebration of National Career Development Month. Every November, career development professionals are encouraged to celebrate with career related activities. In particular, NCDA sponsors an annual Poetry and Art Contest. Flyers available in mail room or available at https://www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/asset_manager/get_file/363081?ver=2280
For information regarding scholarships click here.
Have a great day!