• Residency

    The Madison County School District now requires that the parent/legal guardian of a student residing in a home not owned or rented in the name of the parent/legal guardian (ENROLLMENT BY SPECIAL AFFIDAVIT) must provide proof of residency at the District Central Office before the student may be enrolled.  Both the parent/ legal guardian of the student and the owner/leaseholder of the property must meet with District personnel at the District Central Office beginning this year and every year forward.

    New Student Registration

    Students new to the Madison County School District must provide residency information as above. In addition, the following are required:

    • A certified letter of guardianship, if enrolling a student as his/her legal guardian (ex. divorce, custody, etc.).
    • A copy of the child's Social Security card.
    • A certified Birth Certificate (no copies).
    • A current certificate of health compliance (immunization form) issued by the Mississippi Department of Health or a local physician. The form must include two chicken pox vaccinations.
    • Final report card from the latest school attended and a withdrawal form from the last school attended if the school year has not ended.

    If applicable, verification of eligibility will be needed for the gifted/talented program or special education services (copy of IEP).


    Home schooled/Non-accredited private school: Students will have to be administered a placement test prior to completion of enrollment. The school counselor will contact you to schedule a testing time, prior to the beginning of school