Highland Elementary School PTO
Welcome to the 2011-2012 school year at Highland Elementary School! We are looking forward to a great year! Please remember parental involvement is crucial to a successful school. There are so many ways you can become involved.
Please download the Two Hour Power Sheet, complete it (providing a frequently checked email), and return it to your child's teacher.
The first page will give you areas to choose from in which you would like to volunteer - check a few or check them all. When we need volunteer for that particular area, we will call or email to let you know.
If you need additional information about what the events, scroll down to the second page, where you will find a brief description about each item.
Thank you for being a part of the HES PTO, where membership is FREE!!! Your child will be so excited about seeing you involved in school activities - they light up when you show up!! For more information click here.
Highland Elementary PTO is about men and women working together towards a common goal. That goal is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to create an atmosphere where administrators and teachers can do their best work -- and so can our children!
Our PTO At Work...
* Purchased the installation of all projector systems in each classroom and purchased additional projectors where needed
* Built premiere Greek amphitheater style outdoor classroom
* Hosts Big Brother/Big Sister Spring event.
* Hosts reception and provide parent handout for visiting 2nd graders.
* Hosts Teacher Appreciation lunches and activities through the school year
* Sponsors Spirit Cart every three weeks, so that students may shop of Titan merchandise
* Helped school purchase hanging map sets for classrooms
* Added tire swings to playground
* Organizes 2 major fundraisers
* Implemented enhanced recycle program along with Coach Daniels
* Sponsors Veteran's Day reception each year.
* Assists with Super Titan reception.
* Helped bring Mississippi Partners in Education Award to school
* Maintains school's marquee
* Helped host the debut of Albert the Monkey, MDOT's new mascot at our school in Fall of 2009
* Assists landscaping and flower bed maintainance.
Our PTO Wish List (Currrent Goals)...
* Artwork for the library
* Fence surrounding our walking trail
If you are a business or individual and would like to make a wish come true?