GERMANTOWN HIGH SCHOOL BAND
2013 Class 5A State Champions
Weekly Announcements (Week of 8/29/16)
We Will Be On Normal Weekly Rehearsal Schedule This Week
(Before, During and After School)
for the Weekly Rehearsal Schedule
GOALS FOR THE WEEK:
- Continue working/cleaning Preshow, Opener and Ballad and adding Moondance
- Begin marching and playing to Moondance
- Add closer drill
- add Mahler and Rocky Point to Daily Music Routine- Hornline
- Add Box Drill to Daily Visual Routine- Hornline
- Perform Preshow, Opener, Ballad and Moondance at Thursday afternoon rehearsal
- Weekly Pass Off for this week: Closer
From Mr. Harvison:
Great job last week with the limited amount of time we had for rehearsals. Hopefully we'll get better weather this week and begin to put the closer drill on the field. We are getting close to finishing learning the show, however, we are just now beginning to learn how to PERFORM it. Keep up the hard work and determination and it WILL pay off!
Very proud of EVERYONE!
It's going to be HOT this week!
Please take care of yourselves, eat breakfast before school and drink plenty of WATER!
AWAY GAME with NO HALFTIME PERFORMANCE
PEP BAND 1
THIS FRIDAY, 9/2/2016
@ Mendenhall HS
You can view/download the Away Game Schedule/Details
Pep Band Rosters by clicking HERE
- 3:45- 4:30- Band Hall remains open- food provided for those that paid for Friday Away Game Food.
- 4:15- Call time for all Pep Band 1 Students- khaki shorts and show shirt is the REQUIRED uniform for Pep Band Games.
- 4:40- Load Equipment onto Buses
- 4:50- Load Buses
- 4:55- Depart GHS
- 6:15 (approx.) - Arrive at Mendenhall HS
- 6:35- Enter stands
- 7:00- Game Begins
- NO HALFTIME PERFORMANCE
- approx. 9:45- Dismissed- depart for Mendenhall HS
- approx. 11:15- arrive back at GHS
- PLEASE FOLLOW THE EDP.
Thank you for following the EDP this past Friday.
We will send out a text blast when the students are approx. 15 minutes from returning to the school from Mendenhall.
Please arrive or make arrangements to pick up your student in a timely manner upon their return to GHS.
Thank you in advance for your help with this!
-The Band Staff
UNIFORM WASHING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Students will need to take their coats, gauntlets and gloves home on Monday and wash them in cold water, on gentle cycle and do not tumble dry-- let air dry.
- Do not wash the band pants
- Coats, gauntlets and gloves will need to be returned to the uniform room by Thursday afternoon rehearsal.
Water at rehearsals:
Students and Parents,
This is a friendly reminder that ALL students are to have water with them all rehearsals.
Water is a required material for the class and is for the safety of the band students.
Students who fail to bring water to rehearsals will receive a weekly materials grade of ZERO.
PARENTS- STAY IN THE KNOW AND GET REMINDERS AND ALERTS
SIGN UP FOR INFO TEXT BLASTS TO YOUR CELL PHONE FROM THE GHS BAND.
TEXT: @24935 to 769-303-4801
*NOTE*- You MUST type the @ symbol before the 24935 for the text to work.
If you experience any errors with this, please email Mr. Baker here