THE GERMANTOWN HIGH SCHOOL BAND
2013 MBA/MHSAA CLASS 5A State Champions
Upcoming Important Dates/Events
- Tuesday, April 21st through April 23rd- GHS Color Guard Auditions- 3:30 to 5:30-- GHS Gym/Multi-Purpose Room
- Thursday, April 23rd-- GHS Drum Major Auditions- 4 to 6pm-- GHS Band Hall
- Saturday, April 25th- Symphonic Band Trip to New Orleans Download Itinerary HERE
- Monday, May 4th- GHS Bands' Spring Concert- 6:30pm- Madison Central Auditorium- Chamber Groups and Percussion Ensemble will begin at 6:30, followed by The Concert Band, followed by the Symphonic Band.
- Week of May 11th-- 2015-2016 Symphonic Band Auditions Audition Requirements: 2 Scales, Chromatic, Prepared Piece and Sight-Reading. -- Due to testing, these auditions may have to be held after school. More info to come.
- Saturday, May 16th- GHS Band Banquet-- GET ALL PICS/VIDS to Mr. Harvison by May 1st for the video. Any seniors with pictures from your early band years, please get those to Mr. Harvison asap.
- Tuesday, May 19th-- MANDATORY parent meeting for all students who are selected for the 2015-2016 GHS Symphonic Band
Returning GHS Band Members 2015-2016:
Please put these dates on your calendar ASAP!
Download the Summer Camps and Rehearsal Schedule HERE
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR
2015 MISSISSIPPI LION'S ALL-STATE BAND MEMBERS
Dakota B.- Tuba
Briyaunah C.- Flute
Starnes D.- Trombone
Richard E.- Trombone
Gabe S.- Trumpet
Congratulations to GHS Students who were named Lion's Band Finalists:
Brittany B.-Flute- Alternate
Nate P.-Euphonium- Alternate
Congratulations to ALL GHS Students who auditioned for the highest accolade a high school music student in Mississippi can earn!
The band program owes you all a debt of gratitude for going the extra mile to ensure the growth and success of the Germantown Band!
To the GHS Band on recieving
STATE MARCHING EVALUATION
PARENTS- STAY IN THE KNOW AND GET REMINDERS AND ALERTS
SIGN UP FOR INFO TEXT BLASTS TO YOUR CELL PHONE FROM THE GHS BAND.
TEXT: @24935 to 769-303-4801
*NOTE*- You MUST type the @ symbol before the 24935 for the text to work.
If you expereince any errors with this, please email Mr. Baker here
Congratulations to Wesley Dillard!
GHS Band Alumni and Member of The Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps
2014 DCI Bronze Medalists- The Cadets